Pasta with Shrimp and Feta
An easy to make pasta dish.
* 5 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 2 c peeled, cubed tomatoes
* 1/2 c dry white wine
* 1/4 c finely chopped fresh basil
* 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
* 1-1 1/2 lb medium shrimp
* 1/2 lb penne pasta
* 1/2 lb crumbled French Feta
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil in a skillet, add garlic and cook briefly until colored but without burning. Stir in the tomatoes and cook one minute. Add wine, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
2. Cook sauce over moderate heat for ten minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil and cook shrimp for one minute.
5. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Follow package instructions.
6. Oil a medium baking dish, layer pasta, then shrimp, Feta, and finally tomato sauce.
7. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven, until cheese is melted.
Note: Serve with a green salad and Metropolitan bread, which we sell here.
VIEW MORE RECIPES